DIY Marble Background for Flaylays

                           I seriously love taking photos for Instagram. I am passionate about my content and because I am a slight perfectionist I like everything to be as picture perfect as possible.  So I am always thinking about different ways I can make my photos better. Either by different edits, different subjects, or different backgrounds and textures.  So I know I am probably not the first and only person to thing of this but I thought I would share it anyway.
                          I always wanted marble counter tops so I could take my flat lays on the aesthetically pleasing and Instagram blogger worthy background. But obviously I couldn't just go change my kitchen counters in my apartment or buy a slab of marble. So I decided to do what any normal person would do and go onto Amazon and see what I could find. I remember seeing a Youtube video about someone changing their bathroom counter tops into a marble top using an adhesive marble film. So I went and found exactly that.
                         Now to figure out what surface can I use to stick that too. Then it dawned on me, a slab of plywood would probably work. It is flat, thin, and easily stored. So off the Home Depot we go and got a pretty sizable slab of wood for only $6.
 As soon as I got my adhesive film from Amazon I was pretty impressed with the quality of it. It was shiny and thick. I was expecting more of a matte finish but I am glad it had more of a sheen because it makes it look much more realistic.  I sat down and started to put it on the wood... Okay maybe my boyfriend did most of the work because I was sick but either way it got done. And it looks amazing!
                        My pictures look so professional and clean. I now understand why bloggers use marble background primarily when they do flat lays.
Here is the exact product that I bought from Amazon. I highly suggest it because the quality definitely impressed me.



We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disneyland; the happiest place on earth